How to set it up with DelanClip
Below is outdated version v170 manual
The software is in continous development and we recommend to use v200.
The below manual is designed for v170, but v200 is more user friendly, similar setup but even easier than v170.
v200 avalable on the developer website: http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/
Before you start setting up FTNOIR you have to make sure that below list is all check !
1. your camera is working properly (you can use it as a standard Skype device)
2. daylight filter is fitted correctly on your camera (as shown in general manual) <<<< ONLY APPLIES TO CAMERAS NOT PURCHASED FROM US
3. the camera can see three spot lights from DelanClip (For PS3 Camera use CL Eye Test window to check it)
Downloading and installing Face Track No IR
For fully working software you need the basic program plus the 3 point tracking plugin. As the FTNOIR on its own is delivered with 1.0 version of the point tracker plugin, you need to download the newest (1.1) version as well.
Install the main program, using ‘install all objects‘ when selecting components, scroll down the bottom and untick VirtualJoystick as this one is not required.
Replace FaceTrackNoIR v170 (Supported Games) with the already existing one in the default installation folder:
C:Program Files (x86) Abbequerque Inc FaceTrackNoIR Settings
If you use 32 bit version of the Windows just omit the (x86) bit from the path, overwrite if asked for it..
You MUST update the FaceTrackNoIR v170 (Point Tracker Plugin v1.1) to its newest version by overwriting existing FTNoIR_Tracker_PT.dll file in the folder:
C:Program Files (x86) Abbequerque Inc FaceTrackNoIR
with the one you have just downloaded.
Done ! You are ready to rumble 😛
The software for head tracking will not discover any device connected to an USB HUB, so before you start, make sure your PS3 Camera is connected to an USB PORT on your motherboard directly.
Make sure you are not running any other application which may be using the PS3 Camera (especially CL-Eye Test must be closed), as this will prevent the games and facetracknoir working properly !
Now, we are ready to setup the software !
Below is a window shown when you run your FTNOIR software, please follow the four simple steps shown on the right side.
Step 1 - Game Protocol
Step 2 - Tracker Plugin
Step 3 - Press start button
It will start the tracking process, make sure you direct delanclip LEDs straight onto the camera eye.
Step 4 - tracker settings
When clicked you will see the pop up window with variety of options.
Please read more below…
Recomended setting is 640×480
Recommended setting is 75 fps
Roll Pitch Yaw...
min 2 px
max 30 px
1. The processing gets not enough CPU time
2. The sleep time of the tracking thread is set too high
Dynamic Pose Resolution
Enable Axis ...
Model Selection and Dimensions ...
Press the Calibrate button, then look around while not moving your shoulder. (i.e. only rotation, no translation). Do not stay in one pose for too long. The current translation estimate will be updated in real time. As soon as the values stabilized sufficiently, press the Calibrate button again to stop the calibration process.
Lets try it in your game !
for the manual purposes I used the rFactor 1 demo, it is great to test how whole lot works !
Quick start with rFactor 1
- Download and install rFactor 1 demo game from the website: http://rfactor.net (it is 274 MB)
- Install the demo game.
- Download my settings as a good start for rFactor 1: rFactor.ini, after downloading please unzip the file i.e. on your desktop.
- Run FaceTracknoIR, first of all make sure you have installed the newest point tracker plugin
- In main window on ‘profile’ section please click LOAD, choose the ini you just downloaded.
- Plug the DelanClip into a free USB port.
- Run the demo game, and go to CONTROL -> Testing and then to ‘Load Circuit’ and finally RACE, now try to use DelanClip to look around.
- All done, enjoy your new toy 🙂
TIP: the view may not be centred but you can easy do this by hitting F2 button on the keyboard. TIP2: Remember you can still tweak curves to get better results, just have a play with all the settings, do not worry as you can save whatever you changed and go back to the original settings by calling back the INI files.
One last thing, take a look on common issues with specific games
There are known issues with specific games like Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Please take a look at our games setup section, sometimes it can save you hours searching for solution !
Thank you !