Head Motion Tracking
General Knowledge – all you need to know before you start. Must read !
BEFORE YOU START !!!
- Do not plug the camera to USB!
- Unplug all USB devices, leave only keyboard and mouse
- Only then, please download and install
PS3 Driver-Software (CL-Eye Test) <—CLICK TEXT
- If the camera has a cap, please remove it, If not – please carry on to point 2.
- Twist the camera lens – anticlockwise (if it was twisted already – leave it)
PS3 Eye Camera Driver Installation
- Make sure your antivirus software is disabled while you will be installing the camera driver!
- Make sure you have not plugged the camera into your USB 2.0 port yet!
- Install the drivers – it is the CL-Eye Test program (it includes drivers too)
- Reboot the system
- Plug the camera directly into your motherboard USB 2.0 slot, do not use hubs – very important.
- Wait for the system to update the registry
- You are good to go to the next step
- Put the Delanclip on your head, if you have Fusion – switch it on, if you have Starter – plug it into any USB port.
- Please note: you will not be able to see the Infrared light emitted by DELANCLiP – human eyes are unable to see it!
- Direct yourself to point the delanclip towards the camera lens.
- Start the CL-Eye test
- Go to Menu and from DEVICES choose PS3 Eye Camera – if you only see a black screen – this is exactly what we expect!
- Go to OPTIONS and click VIDEO CAPTURE FILTER to open a settings window.
- Please use it to pre-set your camera point extraction using gain and exposure to get the results similar to the video guide below.
Please note – if you are not satisfied with the LED dots size in your head tracking software you should remove the IR filter from your PS3 Eye camera. We do not guarantee perfect results until you have a dedicated and properly modified camera.
Above video shows you how to start with mounting the DELANCLiP.
(please turn off any ad blocking software as this will hide the video)
If you bought the PS3 Camera from us – skip this step and go to Opentrack setup (link below)
You have the Delanclip Starter only – so which camera to choose?
It is always worth to trying any camera you actually have, before you go and buy another!
Please bear in mind, that the basic, unmodified cameras, never get the best performance when compared to 75 frames per second with PS3 Eye Camera.
This is the defining factor that is most important if you need very smooth movement translation into your favourite game.
There are many (recommended) cameras which will work great as a tracking receiver.
Unmodified cameras (not bought from us)
This only applies if you source the camera by yourself, our cameras does not need the below mod
If you will use the unmodified camera you have sourced it from somewhere else, make sure you have already fitted the 2 pieces of the transparent coloured film enclosed with the DELANCLiP on the top of the lens of your camera.
If you use your own (modified) camera without an IR filter – it is a must to use a bit of film from the floppy disk drive, otherwise, the camera will not function properly for head tracking.
The Head Tracking Software
Bring your DelanClip to life!
OpenTrack Setup (Recommended - Easy)
Here is the easiest and free software to set up for head tracking with DELANCLiP
Support provided by us in case of any issues.
Facetracknoir v170 Setup - (outdated software)
Another free software to set up for head tracking with DELANCLiP, little more hassle – but we have covered all.
Please note, we no longer provide support for this software.
TrackIR Setup (only for TrackIR camera owners)
TrackIR Camera is fully compatibile with DELANCLiP below is a link to a short video showing raeally easy setup.